Ferret Therapy During Finals Week
Guess what!? It's finals week. What does that have to do with anything, exactly? Finals week is when I end up getting things done. Things that are not my finals, that is. My to-do list has slowly been dwindling over the past few days as I've started packing for the move, painted my toes, caught up on Game of Thrones, returned library books, and alerted the U.S. post office of my upcoming address change.
I know my procrastination is largely due to pure dread of having to use my brain to put thoughts on paper but part of me wonders if a teeny tiny bit of that procrastination is due to the fact that after these finals I will officially be done with my undergraduate education. Contrary to popular belief I am not excited to graduate and face the real world. I know I know it has to happen eventually, but it's scary! Within 2 weeks I will take finals, become an alumna of Pi Beta Phi, move apartments, graduate, say goodbye to friends, hear from jobs, and leave for Israel. These major turning points in my life couldn't have been spaced out? Is that too much to ask? I do, however, take consolation in the fact that one year from now I will hopefully have most of this figured out.
On a totally different note, my pre-finals week was ameliorated by the presence of my boss' ferret that came to stay with me for the week. Chester Copperpot III (Chester for short) spent most of the week exploring the house, being chased by the cat, pooping in the corner, somehow crawling in and behind my dresser and sticking his head in absolutely everything. That's what ferrets do, apparently. Rereading that sentence makes Chester seem like a nuisance but I assure you that isn't the case at all. He offers hours and hours of entertainment for not only my roommates and I, but also our cat! He sprints around the house slipping on the hardwood floors and drags his stuffed animals by their tails into the most desolate spots in the house (under the couch or behind the toilet, apparently). Last Wednesday I pulled an all-nighter while writing a paper and Chester tried his best to stay awake with me but eventually put himself to bed in his banana hammock. Yes, the ferret has a banana hammock.
Ok, I shall now attempt to get back to my essay on social deviance and corporate crime. Chances are I'll be back soon enough, though.


No comments:
Post a Comment